Commonwealth Festival of Lifesaving
Commonwealth Championships for national and development teams from all Commonwealth nations.
Events will include
- 50m Manikin Carry
- 100m Manikin Carry with Fins
- 100m Manikin Tow with Fins
- 200m Super Lifesaver
- 4 x 25m Manikin Carry Relay
- 4 x 50m Medley Relay
The Lifesaving Challenge
The Lifesaving Challenge is for individuals from across the Commonwealth. The challenge will form the Lifesaving Skills element of the festival: individuals will test their lifesaving skills on an international stage. The event features both male and female categories and is open to all members of the Commonwealth Lifesaving Family.
The Championship will consist of the following events
- Aquatic Simulated Emergency Response Event
- Simulated Emergency Response Event Resuscitation Test
- 100m Swim and Non Contact Tow
- 12.5m Line Throw
- 100m Lifesaving Medley Swim (lifesaving back stroke and side stroke)
The rules for all events will be issued early in 2017. We reserve the right to make minor changes or clarifications to the rules.
Entry fees have been set as follows (in USD)
- Early Bird – before the end of June 2017: $100 team registration and $100 per competitor
- Late Entry – after 30th June 2017 and before the end of July 2017: $100 team registration and $120 per competitor
- Super Late Entry from 1st August to start of Festival: $100 team registration and $150 per competitor
Team dinner, awards function: $30 per attendee.
Although entries will not be confirmed until registration has been received we would like to seek indications of likely participation and would ask those interesting in attending the Festival of Sport to complete the below form by 24 February 2017.