Permanent – salary circa £34k
About RLSS UK
RLSS UK is the leading provider of vocational and non-vocational water safety training in the UK. We are the UK’s leading provider of pool lifeguard training. There are around 90,000 RLSS UK pool lifeguards who service around 95% of the UK’s leisure sector. We also run a wide range of targeted campaigns to help reduce the 400 people that die from accidental drowning each year.
We are seeking a Commercial Senior Marketing and PR Manager to support communications activity to provide added value and support retention of existing customers and to engage new audiences in both new and existing products and services offered by RLSS UK.
The role reports to the Director of Communications.
We are seeking a commercially focused individual to join our lively team of marketing and communications professionals. We are looking for an innovative and creative person with multi-channel marketing and PR skills and experience. The ideal candidate will have a combination of both agency and client side experience. We are seeking someone with solid copywriting, an eye for detail and excellent marketing campaign delivery skills who can develop and deliver advertising and promotional campaigns for our commercial activities.
Key areas of responsibility include
- Support commercial areas of the business in the development and delivery of marketing plans.
- Lead on all areas of proactive and reactive PR activity.
- Support on business development opportunities through the preparation of proposals and pitches.
- Lead on the evaluation of the effectiveness of communications activity.
- Lead a team of communications professionals and manage external supplier contracts.
Skills & Experience
- Degree or equivalent qualifications.
- At least five years’ commercial/product marketing and PR experience.
- A strong track record marketing, PR and branding background.
- Excellent management, communication, teamwork and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- An adaptable and flexible individual who can develop plans and as well as having a hands-on approach to work.
Please apply with your CV and 250 words outlining your skills and experience relevant to the role to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is Thursday 25 January 2018.