Mentors play a key role in supporting new Probationary Trainer Assessors through running their first courses and assessments.
If you are passionate about the IQL UK qualifications you deliver, enjoy supporting others and want to take your Trainer Assessor career to the next level, the mentor programme is the next natural step for you.
- Fully qualified RLSS UK Trainer Assessor
- Fully qualified RLSS UK Trainer Assessor for a minimum of a year
- Fully qualified RLSS UK AED Trainer Assessor
- Hold the necessary pre-requisites for current TA qualification
- Hold current RLSS UK membership
- Hold a Level 3 Certificate in Education and Training (or equivalent)
- Delivered 4 IQL UK courses in the past year (NPLQ, NVBLQ, ER POOL, NRASTC, EFAW, FAW, EPFA or PFA)
- Assessed 4 IQL UK courses in the past year (NPLQ, NVBLQ, ER POOL, NRASTC, EFAW, FAW, EPFA or PFA)
To become a RLSS UK Mentor, there is a three stage process.
The online application form asks you to confirm you meet the pre requisites, upload your evidence and detail your training and assessing experience. We also ask you to answer some questions about why you think you would make a great Mentor.
Applicants that are successful in stage 1 will be invited to take part in a technical knowledge assessment carried out over the telephone (15-30 mins). Your current knowledge of the content of the syllabus and guidance for your qualifications will be put to the test. Whilst we do not expect you to know everything, you will require a good underpinning knowledge in order to make a great Mentor.
Applicants that are successful in stages 1 and 2 will qualify for a place on the Mentor course. A one day interactive workshop based course that provides you with all of the information you will need to successfully mentor probationary trainer assessors. There is a mini assessment at the end of the course, based on what you have learnt during the day, which you will need to pass in order to achieve your Mentor status.
Application and Course Fees
Applicants who are successful in progressing to the Mentor Course (stage 3) will then need to pay the course fee of £192. Payments will be made on the application and booking platform.
Take the next the next step in your career, click here to find out how to become a National Trainer Assessor.