Emergency First Aid at Work
The IQL Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) qualification enables a first-aider to give emergency first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill while at work.
This one-day course covers a range of CPR and first aid skills, providing you with the skills to ensure a safe working environment.
The qualification is Ofqual accredited and valid for three years, making it suitable for all industries and enabling you to meet HSE requirements.
About the Course
The Emergency First Aid at Work course is six hours and can be delivered in one day or split into smaller sessions over a three week period from the start of the course. The course comprises of practical work and theoretical classroom work, including practical assessment on CPR and first aid.
The award is valid for three years as of the date of assessment.
Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age at the time of taking the assessment. No prior first aid knowledge is required.
Individuals and organisations are advised to take this course.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- How to manage a casualty who is in shock
- How to assess an incident
- How to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- How to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- How to manage a casualty with external bleeding
Emergency First Aid at Work is Trainer Assessed throughout the course and the assessment should determine a learner’s ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency occurs at work and to deal with a casualty. All Assessment Criteria in the units must be achieved.
In order to re-qualify learners must be assessed against all learning outcomes and assessment criteria in the unit. For EFAW this will be the same as the initial course of 6 hours. An EFAW renewal course must not be run over a period of more than 3 weeks.