Emergency Paediatric First Aid
The IQL Level 3 Emergency Paediatric First Aid covers a wide range of CPR and first aid skills, equipping the first-aider to administer first aid to children and infants.
This one-day course covers a range of CPR and first aid skills related to children, providing you with the skills to ensure a safe environment for children infants.
The qualification is Ofqual accredited and valid for three years.
About the Course
Emergency Paediatric First Aid is six hours and can be delivered in one day or split into smaller sessions over a four week period from the start of the course.
The course comprises of practical work and theoretical classroom work, as well as a practical assessment on CPR and first aid.
Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age at the time of taking the assessment. No prior first aid knowledge is required.
Specifically anyone who comes into contact with or works with infants and children; parents and families with young children.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- Understanding the role of the paediatric first aider
- How to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- How to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is suffering from shock
- How to assess an emergency situation and act safely and effectively
- How to provide first aid for an infant and a child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- How to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- How to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is wounded and bleeding
Emergency Paediatric First Aid is Trainer Assessed throughout the course and the assessment should determine a learner’s ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency occurs at work and to deal with a casualty. All Assessment Criteria in the units must be achieved.
In order to re-qualify, learners must be assessed against all learning outcomes and assessment criteria in the unit. For Emergency Paediatric First Aid this will be the same as the initial course of 6 hours.
How to Book
The Approved Training Centre that is delivering the course administers all bookings.
Become a Trainer
Want to become a First Aid Trainer Assessor? Click here to find out more.